I sent this recipe out in my newsletter subscriber list a couple of weeks ago and then got a heap of emails from peeps who missed out and were pissed off about it!
So, in an attempt to win back the folk who were disgruntled by my exclusive recipe release, here it is for all to read, create and then hopefully Instagram. #inspiredeating #theinspiredtable
But just so you know I do like to give newsletter subscribers some form of exclusivity, so if you don’t want to miss out on recipes and newsletter exclusive messages from moi, then sign up pronto and hopefully we won’t have to go through this again, k?
Raw Cacao Granola Bliss Balls
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 3/4 cup Isowhey Superfood Sprinkle*
- 50g dark chocolate, melted (I like to use 85% Lindt)
- Line an oven tray or large plate with baking paper.
- Process the dates, coconut oil, tahini and cacao in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Add the pecans, peptias and goji berries and process briefly until just combined (you don’t want the superfood sprinkle to get too pulverised in the processor).
- Shape the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place on the lined tray. Note you will need to press this mixture together in your hands and shape into balls rather than roll. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Remove from the freezer or fridge and drizzle with the melted chocolate in a fast zig zag motion. Place back in the fridge or freezer for 10-30 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
* Isowhey Superfood Sprinkle is available in health food stores and selected Priceline stores. You can substitute with activated buckwheat (buckinis) and some coconut flakes.