Of all the Bliss Balls served at Inspired Lunar Nights this year, I think these Lavender, Blueberry & Coconut Bliss Balls were the favourite! If you’re a fan of rosewater, orange blossom and elderflower then you’re going to love these. If floral flavours aren’t your thing these would taste just as good without the lavender oil.
Once you try these you’re going to want to put lavender in everything. You have been warned. Try it in your favourite smoothie, hot cacao drink or herbal tea. Just note a little goes a long way.
When using lavender essential oil make sure it’s food grade. I use DoTerra but the one from Perfect Potions is great too (and a little cheaper).
Lavender, Blueberry & Coconut Bliss Balls
- 1 cup of medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups of blanched almond meal
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup of blueberry powder (I use Blackmores)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-4 drops of lavender essential oil (I use DoTerra)
- Place the dates in a food processor and process until they form a paste.
- Add the almond meal, coconut and blueberry powder and process until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the coconut oil and process until the mixture becomes a rollable texture. Test it with your fingers. If it’s too dry add extra coconut oil. If it’s too wet and oily add extra almond meal.
- Once you reach the desired consistency add the lavender oil one drop at a time. Process in between drops and taste as you go. It’s easy to go overboard and ruin the mix.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in extra coconut to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. These taste better the next day.
Love Bliss Balls? You might like to try my other Bliss Balls recipes.