As the days between “now” and Christmas day get closer and closer, and my resistance to battling the crowds at Bondi Junction Westfield builds, I whip up another batch of these Gingerbread Bliss Balls, pop them in a cute mason jar, adorn with a festive ribbon and tick another name of the Christmas list.
Of all the recipes I’ve developed this year (at last conservative count it was 240) this one is my favourite. So simple. So festive. So freaking delicious. Make a batch for yourself, give them as a gift or take them as your “bring-a-platter” to your next holiday par-tay!
Gingerbread Bliss Balls
Makes approx 18 Balls
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 8 dried apricots
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon maca powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1. Process dates, apricots, cashews and cashew butter in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add remaining ingredients except coconut and process until mixture is well combined and begins to bind.
3. Roll mixture into tablespoon sized balls and then roll in coconut to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up a little.