If you follow me on Instagram, you’re probably aware of my chickpea dosa obsession.
I serve them with soup, curry, eggs, salads, pretty much anything really.
Traditionally dosas are made with soaked rice, soaked chickpeas and spices. And as beautiful as the traditional method is, sometimes you just haven’t got the time, am I right?
My dosa recipe can be thrown together in seconds and tastes pretty god damn good.
Quick and Easy Chickpea Dosa Recipe
Makes 1 dosa (double, triple etc according to amount you require)
- 2 tablespoons besan (chickpea) flour.
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup water.
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped coriander (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of ghee, coconut oil or olive oil, for frying.
- Combine the flours in a small bowl. Add the water and lime juice and stir with a spoon until a smooth batter forms. Add extra water if needed to achieve a thin crepe consistency. This might take a little experimentation. Stir through the coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the ghee, coconut oil or olive oiling a crepe pan or small frying pan over a high heat. Use a paper towel to spread the oil over the entire pan. The trick is to get the pan really hot before adding the batter.
- Add the batter and tilt to cover the base of the pan. Cook until bubbles appear and batter begins to looked cook. Flip and cook until golden.
Easy Chickpea Dosa Recipe serving suggestions: