Everything about this recipe is easy.
In fact, it’s so easy I almost wasn’t going to publish it.
But who the hell am I to rob of you deliciousness?
So here my friends is a recipe you’re going to have on high rotation because it’s a) yum, b) high in protein and c) CHOCOLATE FOR BREAKFAST!
Cacao Quinoa Bircher with Cacao Buckwheat Granola
Note: I like to make four breakfasts worth of this and keep each serve in a glass jar in the fridge to grab on my way out the door in the morning. I keep the granola in a separate glass jar and sprinkle it on top just before serving. It also makes a yummy trail mix snack.
Cacao Quinoa Bircher
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup natural full-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
Cacao Buckwheat Granola
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup activated buckwheat (buckinis)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon activated pepitas
- 1-2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- To make the Cacao Buckwheat Granola, pop all ingredients in a small frying pan and cook stirring for 1-2 minutes until toasted and golden. Remove from pan and set aside to cool completely before storing in a jar or airtight container.
- To make the Cacao Bircher simply mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or divide into individual glass jars.
- To serve, sprinkle bircher with granola and add some fresh raspberries or sliced banana. Yum!