These are pretty much the best chocolate balls you’ll ever get your mits on.
They’re also fruit-free, which is huge bonus if you’re avoiding fructose.
I originally made them for a catering event I did for I Quit Sugar, but now they’re part of my regular bliss ball routine.
They’ll keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge, but good luck making them last that long.
Cashew, Cacao and Cardamom Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, for rolling
1. Place cashew butter, coconut oil, rice malt syrup and cacao in a food processor. Process very briefly until just combined. Don’t over process or mixture will become too soft.
2. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in remaning ingredients (except coconut) until combined.
3. Place mix in fridge for several hours or until firm.
4. Remove from the fridge and roll 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball. Roll in coconut and place on a lined plate or tray. Continue with remaining mixture and coconut. Refrigerate again for at least 30 minutes or until firm.