This is the perfect festive salad for your Christmas Day spread. I would make extra to ensure you’ve got enough for leftovers. It tastes great with a bit of Christmas protein thrown in too. Yum!
Brown Rice, Kale and Goji Salad
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 6 leaves of kale (see note below), stalks removed, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or rice malt syrup, optional
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook rice according to packet directions. Drain. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place almonds on an oven tray and roast in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly roasted. Remove and cool.
- Place finely sliced kale in a large salad bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil and salt and massage kale with your fingers working in the oil and salt. This will help soften it. Add rice, carrot, almonds, goji and coriander leaves. Stir to combine.
- To make dressing combine remaining oil, vinegar, honey and pepper until well combined. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine.