I don’t know about you, but if I make a big batch of delicious Granola Clusters such as these I’m likely to eat my way through them quicker than i can whip up smoothies to sprinkle them on. You too? Well that’s why I came up with this 2 minute version. You can make a single serve (or double or triple etc) as you need them without having to turn the oven on (which in this hot Sydney weather is a blessing).
Sprinkle these delicious clusters on smoothies, yoghurt, porridge, chia puddings or just enjoy them as a snack.
Buckwheat and Coconut Granola Clusters
- 1 tablespoon of activated buckwheat (Loving Earth make good ones)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons activated pepitas
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add buckwheat, coconut, pepitas and chia seeds. Lightly toast for 1-2 minutes until beginning to golden.
2. Add rice malt syrup and stir to coat ingredients in pan. Let syrup reduce slightly as ingredients begin to golden a little more. Remove from pan and let cool in clumps. This is where the magic happens.
3. The clusters form as the mixture cools. While the mixture is still warm the clusters will be soft so be patient.