This experiment was a result of cheap figs and an excess of pumpkin. I find most successful experiments start with an excess of something. Am i right?
Roast Pumpkin & Fig Frittata
- 350g pumpkin, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 figs, halved
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, fine chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced. Line a small frying pan or cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin and red onion on a baking paper lined oven tray and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes o until tender and golden.
- Arrange pumpkin, red onion, figs and baby spinach in the lined frying pan or cake tin. Pour over the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the egg is set. Remove from the oven and rest for at least 5 minutes before gently removing from the pan.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a side salad.