In the first episode back for Season 4 of The Inspired Table Podcast, I catch up with Neil O’Sullivan and Michael Magee, two Irish lads keen to raise awareness and open up the conversation around Mental Health.
Mental Health is a massive talking point at the moment and rightly so. It’s a topic that we need to feel comfortable about bringing up in conversation, especially (and not to generalise) men, who aren’t as chatty and sharey as the female folk.
Neil and Michael both have very different experiences with mental health but their passion for raising awareness is infectious and I hope this conversation encourages you to reach out for help, or help someone in need if you can relate to anything that comes up in this episode. Contact Lifeline on 13 11 14
In this episode we discuss:
- Their different stories and struggles with mental health.
- The difference between clinical depression and circumstantial depression.
- Remedies that both Neil and Michael employ to help combat their mental health issues.
- The effect of recreational drugs on mental health.
- Why everyone should have someone to talk to.
- Preventative measures to look after and nurture your own mental health.
To book tickets: https://tickets.oztix.com.au/default.aspx?Event=76632