Who here believes in manifestation?
I don’t profess to be an expert on it, but yesterday morning when I woke up at an ungodly hour stressing about several things (mostly finances and deadlines and an icky business negotiation that I’m in the middle of), I decided instead of wallowing in self pity I was gonna do something about it.
First I meditated for 10 minutes by concentrating on my breath and pulling myself back from that irrational pre-dawn chitter chatter that sometimes surfaces when I’m still half asleep.
Then I went through my little manifestation manifesto. Each time I go through it there’s a tiny little voice of doubt that tells me that this shit doesn’t work, but you know what? It works every bloody time. Like MAGIC!
By lunchtime, I had been approached by five online publications for editorial feature, I had a well respected member of the health and wellness industry want to swap our trades in a completely mutually beneficial manner, the icky business negotiation was finally gaining traction (in the most polite and fair way possible) and two of my pressing deadlines got moved by two weeks. All that between 5am and midday and I managed to sneak a 75 minute yoga class in there too.
So how do I do it?
1. I write down my intentions: Not in a wishy washy way, but in an uber precise, no-doubt-about-it manner, so the Universe doesn’t have to solve any riddles or read between the lines. I write those same intentions every single day in a notebook by my bed until the day I can cross them off because they’ve manifested into a reality.
2. I believe in my heart of hearts that I am worthy of my intentions: Sometimes this is simple, sometimes it feels impossible. If it’s the latter then I move on to step 3.
3. I practice EFT: If you’re new to Emotional Freedom Technique or tapping I suggest searching it on YouTube. I use it to overcome any blocks that prevent me from practicing the previous step. If you’re sceptical of EFT ( I was too), I urge you to give it a go anyway. I don’t know how or why it works, but it works.
4. I feel the intention as if it’s already real: This is the clincher. It’s the one thing that every great manifestor will tell you is the key. You need to be able to truly feel what it is like to already have that thing you want the most. Only then does true manifestation take place. Can’t feel it? Go back to step 3 and keep tapping until you can… or fake it ‘til you make it. A friend of mine suggested watching a movie where the characters are going through a similar experience to help work out what it feels like.
5. I surrender: Once I’ve done all of the above I let the Universe do the rest. I surrender to the highest good and hold absolutely no expectation.
Manifestation takes commitment and most importantly an unwavering belief.
Beliefs are essentially collective thoughts that you have played over a million times in your head, and you have the ability to believe the greatest of feats are possible simply by shifting your thought patterns to positivity and abundance.
Now, to manifest a husband…