New breakfast obsession alert!
There are an infinite amount of flavour combinations in this world. My current favourite are chocolate & cardamom, peach & cumin, mango & turmeric and coconut & passionfruit.
Last year, when developing recipes for a smoothie cookbook I stumbled across the combination of chamomile and apricot. Since then I have been hooked!
This bircher is a delicious use of such a killer combo. Enjoy!
Chamomile, Apricot & Almond Bircher Muesli
- 2 teaspoons dried chamomile flowers (or 1 tea bag)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 10 roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 4 dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Coconut yoghurt & passionfruit, to serve
- Steep the chamomile flowers in the boiling water until the water comes to room temperature. Strain. Discard flowers or tea bag.
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, almonds, apricots and cinnamon in a bowl or glass jar. Pour over the chamomile tea until just covering the mixture and stir to combine well. Cover and set aside in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, separate into two serves and top with coconut yoghurt and passionfruit.